07 – 08 December 2021 I 1-6 p.m. I Zoom
A small group of scientists spontaneously got together to become part of Brainhack Global 2021 with a Local Brainhack Magdeburg. In cooperation with Peer Herholz from the University of Frankfurt/Marburg, we developed a program around R and Python basics and their application in MRI and meta-analysis. The tutorials were led by our PhD candidates Elisa Lancini (CBBS GP Study Group Programming and Statistics) and Alexander Weuthen (CBBS GP Study Group MRI Analyses).
Program at Glance:
- Keynote by Dr. Steffen Bollmann (University of Queensland, Australia): “Neurodesk“
- Unconference session about “Hacking a new research field – Challenges and career strategies” by Dr. Esther Kühn (FME, OVGU)
- Unconference session about “Data sharing under GDPR” by Dr. Peer Herholz (University of Marburg)
- Hands-on tutorials about Introduction to Python, Introduction to R, fMRI in Python, Metaanalysis in R
- Open Hacking (also for trouble shooting): Feel free to bring your data/publications/questions
We would like to thank Peer Herholz, who accompanied the entire organization from the start. He was always at our side with advice and brought great expertise to the planning. We thank the SynAGE doctoral students Alexander Weuthen, Elisa Lancini and Ruslan Klymentiev for organizing and carrying out the tutorials. The two were supported by Lara Kramer, Jonathan Hils and Steve Schulz.
Moreover, we would like to thank Steffen Bollmann for the inspiring keynote about neurodesk and Esther Kühn for the somewhat different unconference.